The Best of Brazil & Argentina with Brazil’s Amazon & Uruguay
Exclusive tour with a MAX of 26 Passengers. We have secured accommodations at some of the finest hotels in MAO and we guarantee a smaller group size to allow us into some truly signature & unique locations including 5 star hotels.
Book today and SAVE
2959 CAD (Land Only)
880 CAD per person
543 CAD for Intra Air Tour
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Cosmos, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments, starting at $1,037 (based on Miami, departure in January 2020); or (2) intra-vacation air segments only. Required intra-vacation air segments: Manaus/Rio de Janeiro; Rio de Janeiro/Iguassu Falls; Iguassu Falls/Buenos Aires. Air prices were effective on July 10, 2019, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local Guides are available for pre-purchase. Prices based on double room occupancy. Single Room Supplement:$880Triple Rooms are available at no reduction.Extra nights per person in Manaus:in single room $126; in twin room $74; in triple room $60Extra nights per person in Montevideo:in single room $122; in twin room $67; in triple room $542021 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in July 2020.
Pricing includes roundtrip airfare and all taxes and fees from Canada. Limit of 4 passengers per departure.
- MANAUS, BRAZIL. Welcome to the capital of the Amazonas region where you will be met by a Cosmos representative. Located in the dense Amazon Jungle area, Manaus preserves images of its opulent past and is still a major port—even 1,000 miles inland!
- MANAUS–AMAZON JUNGLE. Floating past the clustered huts of locals living on the banks of the river, cruise down the Rio Negro to the MEETING OF THE WATERS. Marvel at the confluence of the dark-colored Rio Negro and the light chocolate-colored Rio Solimões, where the two rivers come together to form the mighty Amazon. For four miles, these two bodies of water flow side by side before they mix together. Later, disembark at a JUNGLE ISLAND (water level permitting) with fascinating native flora and fauna. This afternoon, arrive at the Ecopark Jungle Lodge on the banks of the Rio Negro inside the Amazonian rainforest. (B,L,D)
- AMAZON JUNGLE. Enjoy a Naturalist-guided WALK to see the flora and fauna that thrive in the Amazon. After lunch, sail up the river to visit an AMAZON NATIVE CABOCLO VILLAGE to learn about their traditions, costumes, and culture. Also, try your hand at piranha fishing! Later, visit the MONKEY JUNGLE RESERVE, where researchers work to rehabilitate primates like spider, squirrel, woolly, and capuchin monkeys and reintroduce them into the jungle. This evening, venture back out on canoe with your Naturalist to appreciate the sounds of the jungle at night and look for small alligators (and other night creatures). (B,L,D)
- AMAZON JUNGLE–RIO DE JANEIRO. This morning, depart the Ecopark for a Manaus city tour featuring the famous OPERA HOUSE, completed in 1896 after 15 years of construction, and a LOCAL MARKET. Continue to the airport for your flight to Rio. (B)
- RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL. Welcome to spectacular Rio de Janeiro, home to white-sand beaches and host of the 2016 Summer Olympics! Settle into your hotel and meet your Tour Director, who will have pointers for your free-time exploration. (B)
- RIO DE JANEIRO. Sprawling between majestic granite peaks and the blue South Atlantic, Rio is a city of beauty, wonder, and energy. Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide begins with a drive along Rio’s famed Leblon, Ipanema, and Copacabana beaches. Take the cog railway 2,300 feet up to the summit of CORCOVADO to view the famous Christ the Redeemer statue and enjoy 360-degree views of Guanabara Bay and the bustling city below. Your afternoon is free to explore—perhaps join an optional excursion to a nearby favela for a glimpse into the life of these colorful communities that nearly 20% of the people call home. (B)
- RIO DE JANEIRO. A free day in Rio allows you to relax on one of the famous beaches or take an optional excursion to the historic city of Petropolis to see the former summer palace of Emperor Pedro II. (B)
- RIO DE JANEIRO–IGUASSU FALLS. A morning flight takes you to IGUASSU FALLS, one of the greatest natural wonders of the world. Upon arrival, journey to the Brazilian side of the falls to see the mammoth series of 275 waterfalls cascading over a precipice almost two miles wide and 250 feet deep. Walk into Devil’s Throat Canyon, where the clouds of mist, thundering roar, and 180-degree rainbows surround you—an unforgettable experience! (B,D)
- IGUASSU FALLS. Cross the border for a visit of the Argentine side of IGUASSU FALLS. Begin with a short ride on the open-air ECOLOGICAL JUNGLE TRAIN through the rainforest. A series of boardwalks takes you above the falls to see the water crashing down into the Devil’s Throat. Your afternoon is free to explore, or you may opt to visit the Bird Park, home to many species of endemic birds, as well as flora from the area. (B)
- IGUASSU FALLS–BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina’s cosmopolitan capital. After settling into your hotel, an orientation tour familiarizes you with the “Paris of South America” and its wide boulevards, outdoor cafés, and charming shops. (B)
- BUENOS AIRES. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide focuses on the city’s landmarks, including the Teatro Colón Opera House and Plaza de Mayo, site of La Casa Rosada (the President’s Pink House), and Metropolitan Cathedral. Also, visit La Boca and San Telmo, one of Buenos Aires’ oldest neighborhoods, and RECOLETA CEMETERY, where Eva Perón is buried. End your day with an Argentinean meal, followed by a sensuous TANGO SHOW highlighting the alluring dance that is so popular here. (B,D)
- BUENOS AIRES. Today is free for independent activities, or you can take an optional excursion to visit a local estancia (ranch) to experience the life of the gauchos (cowboys), as well as traditional dance performances and a barbecue lunch. (B)
- BUENOS AIRES–COLONIA DEL SACRAMENTO, URUGUAY–MONTEVIDEO. Board a high-speed catamaran bound for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay. Your Local Guide takes you on a guided tour of this colonial city founded by Portuguese settlers in 1680. Later, board a bus for Uruguay’s capital city, Montevideo. (B)
- MONTEVIDEO. On a city tour of Montevideo, drive along the Atlantic Coast to the city center and visit Constitution Square, the cathedral, the colonial Town Hall, and Independence Square. Other areas visited include the Prado area, Batlle y Ordoñez Park, the residential area of Carrasco, and Plaza Virgilio. (B)
- MONTEVIDEO. Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning. (B)
This is truly one of the most luxurious, deluxe, first class coach tours we have ever offered – SECURE YOUR SPOT TODAY Call us toll-free at 1-888-824-9666 for more details!
Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
BRAZIL’S AMAZON“Meeting of the Waters” cruise; visit a jungle island, monkey reserve, and a native Amazon village; guided canoe rides and jungle walks; Guided Manaus city sightseeing, visit the Manaus Opera House and a local marketRIO DE JANEIRO Guided sightseeing, visit Corcovado to see the statue of Christ the RedeemerIGUASSU FALLS Guided sightseeing of the Brazilian and Argentinean sides of the falls; Ecological Jungle train rideBUENOS AIRES Guided sightseeing, visit Recoleta Cemetery; Tango show and dinnerURUGUAYHigh-speed catamaran to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay; guided sightseeing of Colonia del Sacramento and Montevideo