Mysteries of the Inca Empire with Peru’s Amazon & Arequipa & Colca Canyon Exclusive tour with a MAX of 26 Passengers. We have secured…
Mysteries of the Inca Empire with Peru’s Amazon & Arequipa & Colca Canyon
Exclusive tour with a MAX of 26 Passengers. We have secured accommodations at some of the finest hotels in LIM and we guarantee a smaller group size to allow us into some truly signature & unique locations including 5 star hotels.
Book today and SAVE
3649 CAD (Land Only)
865 CAD per person
800 CAD for Intra Air Tour
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Cosmos, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments, starting at $1,719 (based on Miami, departure in January 2020; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only. Required intra-vacation air segments: Lima/Puerto Maldonado; Puerto Maldonado/Lima Lima/Cusco; Cusco/Juliaca; Arequipa/Lima. Air prices were effective on July 10, 2019 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local guides are available for pre-purchase on the base vacation. For vacations that include an extension to the base, pre-paid gratuities only include the base portion. Any additional gratuities would need to be paid on trip.Prices based on double room occupancy. Single Room Supplement:$840Triple Rooms are available at no reduction.Extra Nights per person in Lima:in single room $113; in twin room $62; in triple room $572021 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in July 2020.
Pricing includes roundtrip airfare and all taxes and fees from Canada. Limit of 4 passengers per departure.
- ARRIVE IN LIMA, PERU. Welcome to Lima, where you will be met by a Cosmos representative.
- LIMA–PUERTO MALDONADO–TAMBOPATA ECO LODGE. Fly to Puerto Maldonado, entry to Peru’s Amazon Jungle. Take a MOTORBOAT journey up the Tambopata River to view turtles, caimans, monkeys, and birdlife. Arrive at your Amazon Jungle lodge within Tambopata National Reserve. This afternoon, head out with your Naturalist in search of saddleback tamarins, brown capuchins, agoutis, blue-morpho butterflies, trogons, toucans, and many other species commonly spotted here. As night falls, head out on foot to search for nocturnal wildlife. (B,L,D)
- TAMBOPATA ECO LODGE. Enjoy a Naturalist-guided CANOE RIDE & WALK to see the flora and fauna that thrive in the Amazon. After lunch, head back out with your Naturalist to learn about the endemic plants in this region and spot some more wildlife. This evening, venture back out by CANOE with your Naturalist to appreciate the sounds of the jungle at night. (B,L,D)
- TAMBOPATA ECO LODGE. For more insight into the Amazon, let your Naturalist know what included adventure you would like to take advantage of today—it’s your choice! (B,L,D)
- TAMBOPATA ECO LODGE–PUERTO MALDONADO–LIMA. Return to Puerto Maldonado and fly to Lima. Heralded as the “City of Kings” by Spanish conquistadors, Lima retains vestiges of its opulent past with its colonial buildings and world-class museums. (B)
- LIMA. Sightseeing today focuses on Lima’s colonial heritage. Founded in 1535, Lima was once capital of Spain’s South American Empire. Visit the baroque 11th-century SAN FRANCISCO MONASTERY, with Spanish and Moorish architecture throughout. Continue to Plaza Mayor, where you will see the Government Palace that houses the presidential palace and was once the home of Francisco Pizarro, founder of Lima and conqueror of Peru. Nearby, see the cathedral where Pizarro’s remains are buried. The remainder of your day is free to explore. Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant this evening. (B,D)
- LIMA–CUSCO–SACRED VALLEY. Fly to Cusco high in the Andes and upon arrival, descend into the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Stop at AWANAKANCHA and learn about the importance of camelids (llama, vicuña, alpaca, and guanaco) for Inca cultures. See them up close and learn how their coats are transformed into precious fibers for ancient weaving techniques still in use today. Continue to PISAC, a charming village with a famous INDIAN MARKET, where you have plenty of time to browse the many colorful stalls selling handicrafts ranging from alpaca sweaters and blankets to painted vases and sterling silver. Later, arrive at your hotel in the peaceful Sacred Valley. (B,D)
- SACRED VALLEY. Start the day with a visit to the village of OLLANTAYTAMBO and the Inca ruins of the same name. Explore the archaeological site that was the scene of the Inca resistance during the Spanish conquest—the only place ever to resist Spanish attacks. See how the temple area at the top of the terraces was the perfect defensive stronghold, then visit a LOCAL HOME in this Incan town to experience life in a traditional village, which has been remarkably well preserved. Next, visit the SEMINARIO CERAMICS WORKSHOP to learn about Peruvian ancient and modern art. End your day at a local chicheria for a taste of a chicha, a typical Inca drink in Peru. (B)
- SACRED VALLEY–MACHU PICCHU. Board the VISTADOME TRAIN that cuts a path through the picturesque Urubamba Valley bound for Aguas Calientes, the quaint town closest to the “Lost City of the Incas.” Ascend the mountainside through tropical forest to the sacred refuge of MACHU PICCHU. Listen as your guide recounts the many accomplishments of the Incas as you tour the terraced ruins dating back to the 15th century. Abandonded when the Inca Empire fell to the Spanish, these remarkable ruins remained undiscovered for nearly 400 years. Many mysteries surrounding Machu Picchu remain to this day. (B,D)
- MACHU PICCHU–CUSCO. Enjoy some free time this morning to explore the mountain town of Aguas Calientes; perhaps visit the local market, quaint boutiques, or take a walk along nearby trails. Later this afternoon, return to Cusco, former capital of the Inca Empire. (B)
- CUSCO. Embark on a guided sightseeing tour of Cusco that focuses on the city that was once the political, military, and cultural epicenter of the Incas until the Spanish toppled it. In fact, Inca foundations can still be found in Cusco, with the Spanish baroque structures built on top. Visit the SANTO DOMINGO MONASTERY, where these two forms of architecture are melded together with the temple of both cultures atop one another. Also, see the CATHEDRAL in the Plaza de Armas, housing a magnificent collection of artwork, including a depiction of The Last Supper that portrays the apostles dining on cuy (guinea pig). Continue to the hillside overlooking Cusco for a visit to the TEMPLE OF SACSAYHUAMAN. Some of the best examples of Inca masonry can be found at this fortress, where stones weighing up to 350 tons are pieced together to form a complex that could house up to 10,000 men. Learn about the ceremonies and battles that took place here, then see the ruins of Kenko and Puca Pucara before returning to Cusco. (B,D)
- CUSCO–JULIACA–PUNO. Fly to Juliaca, then transfer to Puno on the shores of Lake Titicaca. Legend says the first Inca, Manco Capac, arose from the waters of the lake by the power of the sun god to found the Inca Empire. (B)
- PUNO. EXCURSION TO LAKE TITICACA. Experience fascinating LAKE TITICACA today as you embark on a motorboat tour of the highest navigable lake in the world and its manmade islands. On TAQUILE ISLAND, see how the local people integrate their Inca and Spanish past. This is evident by the Spanish peasant dresses made of Andean textiles—the islanders make some of the finest in all of Peru. Continue to the UROS FLOATING ISLANDS, a group of approximately 40 artificially made islands. Learn how the Uros Indians construct their islands, homes, boats, and many other resources completely of tortora reed, a centuries-old practice. Enjoy a farewell dinner hosted by your Tour Director this evening. (B,L,D)
- PUNO–COLCA CANYON. This morning, depart Puno for a scenic drive to Colca Canyon. Enjoy scenery of Pre-Columbian terraces populated with vicuñas and a variety of birds, and stop for lunch in the town of Chivay. This afternoon, arrive in Colca Canyon. (B,L)
- COLCA CANYON. Today, spend time in the COLCA CANYON, an impressive geological formation more than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon. Visit CONDORS’ CROSS, an observation point, where you can view the Andean condor in flight at eye level, followed by a visit to the town of Yanque. This afternoon is free for independent exploration. (B,L)
- COLCA CANYON–AREQUIPA. Drive to Arequipa located in the Chili River Valley and flanked by three snowcapped volcanoes: Misti, Chachani, and Pichu Pichu. Known as the “white city,” Arequipa definitely does justice to its nickname, as its buildings are made of sillar, a white volcanic rock found throughout the area. The stone embellishes the facades of the city’s homes and churches. (B,L)
- AREQUIPA. This morning, a city TOUR of Arequipa shows off the Plaza de Armas and the Cathedral before visiting the Jesuit CHURCH, considered the best example of the mestizo baroque style. Continue to the residential districts of Yanahuara and Chilina, where you enjoy a magnificent view of Arequipa’s countryside and the Mount Misti volcano. (B)
- AREQUIPA–LIMA. Fly to Lima today. (B)
- LIMA. Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning. (B)
This is truly one of the most luxurious, deluxe, first class coach tours we have ever offered – SECURE YOUR SPOT TODAY Call us toll-free at 1-888-824-9666 for more details!
Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
PERU’S AMAZONEnjoy three nights in the Peruvian Amazon; visit Tambopata National Reserve; guided canoe rides and jungle walksLIMA Guided sightseeing, visit San Francisco MonasterySACRED VALLEY Guided sightseeing of Awanakancha and Pisac Indian Market; Visit Ollantaytambo, a local home, Seminario Ceramics Workshop, and a chicheriaMACHU PICCHUVistadome train to Machu Picchu; Guided sightseeing of the Machu Picchu ruins; stay overnight in Machu Picchu regionCUSCO Guided sightseeing, visit Santo Domingo Monastery, the Cathedral, and Sacsayhuaman, see Kenko and Puca PucaraLAKE TITICACA Guided sightseeing of Taquile Island and the Uros Floating Islands; farewell dinnerSILLUSTANI Guided sightseeing, visit a local homeAREQUIPA & COLCA CANYONGuided sightseeing of Arequipa & Colca Canyon including Condor’s Cross
On this Peru tour, delve into the past, learn about the local culture, and experience beautiful scenery as you overnight in Peru's Amazon, Lima, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca, Arequipa, and Colca Canyon. Along the way, visit ancient ruins, witness amazing scenery, experience the fascinating Amazon, and enjoy guided sightseeing of Peru's interesting cities.History comes alive on this tour through Peru. Imagine what life was like in the 15th century as you tour the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu, where you'll see this famous Inca complex set in a majestic setting. More history awaits at Ollantaytambo, the archaeological site of the Incas’ resistance during the Spanish conquest, and the Temple of Sacsayhuaman, a fortress with some of the best examples of Inca masonry. Also enjoy guided sightseeing in Cusco.On this Peru tour, also learn about the local culture. At Lake Titicaca, you'll visit Taquile Island, where you'll see how the local people integrate their Inca and Spanish past, and the Uros Floating Islands, where you'll learn how the Uros Indians construct their islands from totora reed. In the Incan town of Ollantaytambo and in Sillustani, visits with locals in their homes give you insight into their way of life. Spend time at the Indian market in Pisac and in Awanakancha, learn about the importance of camelids (llama, vicuña, alpaca, and guanaco) to Inca culture.But that's not all…you'll also spend time in the Amazon, where you'll enjoy canoe rides and walks in search of the thriving flora and fauna. Accompanied by knowledgeable Naturalists, you'll appreciate the Amazon both during the day and at night. Time at the Colca Canyon, an impressive geological formation more than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon, lets you witness condors soaring majestically above the canyon walls, marvel at the canyon, and relax at La Calera hot springs.All of this—and more—await you on this Peru tour designed for value-minded, savvy travelers!